Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Poor Quality

Sail Date: May 22, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I have been on multiple cruises but I have to say that the quality of Royal has definitely declined throughout the years.  The quality of entertainment on the ship was very poor except the comedian.  The cruise director left a lot to be desired in comparison to almost any cruise I taken even on Carnival.  The quality of the food was equally as poor.  Not everyone likes to graze on cafeteria style food.  Before, Royal always had nice salad bar and vegetable selections but on this and the last cruise in November, their selections were very poor.  The servers of course were great as always, and they cannot help what they serve.  I think that Royal has begun to think like all other shareholding companies and have opted for quantity of passengers over quality of service.  Hopefully, they can work on improving their quality.  Prior to November, I would have always and have several times recommended Royal to other cruise lines.  Now I will have to experience some improvement before I recommend them to anyone I know.

Poor food selections, buffets were awful due to poor selections of food
Comedian was the best entertainment
Room steward was as always great!

This ship is very dated. Know to expect this when you take a three or four day cruise. But the quality could definitely be better. Quality not Quantity!

1 Comment