Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 20, 2015

My first cruise:  All I wanted basically was to go to Key West.  4 day cruise was the ticket with a stop in Bahamas and Royal's private island also.  I personally saw a leak of fuel in the harbor at Bahamas port.  We were told almost 2 days later around 11pm (when most people were sleeping; me included) that the Key West stop was canceled due to fear of another leak and causing a major mess in the Keys.  Royal Caribbean knew on day 2 morning that we weren't going to Key West but chose to keep that info from us, knowing there would be some very pissed off people.  The people were still pissed but Royal only had to deal with it for about a day instead of 3 days.  Their 75 dollar hush money is a crock of s@#%. I will be phoning them to see what else can be done.  Food was good, staff was good, but overall taste in my mouth is not good at all. Pathetic customer service.

old, but still in decent shape. Communication system on board is awful.
Food in main dining room was very good. Buffet, during lunch not so much. Breakfast was good.
Olacia was awesome, along with Francisco in main dining room. Rocky, our room steward was also very good..
enjoyed Bert Sideshow. The couples game show was so-so. Didn't see comedian but heard he was good.
not alot of them, but when we went to check them out, lots of people ahead of us.
The one I really wanted was canceled in Key West. Mind you, Key West is THE reason I booked this cruise. I lived in Key West back in the 60's as a little kid and wanted to see it again after all these years.
Shower curtains were too short..water was going everywhere.
Miami, Florida
nothing at port but the ship. Don't get there too early.
Beach and Atlantis were good.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) went for a nice hike. Saw a little wildlife. Food was good that Royal catered.
Key West, Florida Stop was canceled due to the possibility of a fuel leak. Doing circles in the ocean for 36 hours sucked.

Keep a camera in your pocket at all times. Missed a few pictures not having it with me at all times. If you didn't totally hear any of the announcements, make sure you have a crew member repeat it to you.

1 Comment