Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

sub par sailing

Sail Date: March 09, 2015

I booked the cruise to coincide with a friend's spring break and discovered a less than perfect cruise experience.   The ship (Majesty of the Seas) and the crew all semed to be tired/worn out....thankfully, the ship will be out of service as of 2016!  The stateroom we had was about the size of a broom closet in a doll house!   the food on the ship at dinner was well below prime quality - - and some of the dinner items were unavailable!!   The 'nickel and dime' approach of gouging passengers, for almost anything "extra" is obscene!   The entire experience just had the feel that the crew was worn out, like the ship and its amenities, and that passengers were being merely tolerated....too bad!!!

A few specifics:

the wi-fi and internet barely worked...it's 2015 - satellite technology is much better than what we were offered, and for so high a price!!!  it was robbery!!!

the stateroom did not provide an ice bucket nor a pitcher of water, as has been the case in all my previous cruises (on the same and other cruise lines)

the mattress on my bed was very lumpy and well worn, and, when asked if the attendant could either replace it or get a second one, I was told NO.

the pitifully small TV in the stateroom was embarassing to even look at, never mind that the recorded programs were looped too often and there was very few options or channels, including NO on demand movies, etc.

the onboard entertainment was mediocre

the beverage servers were too few in the theatre, such that I was not even asked if I wanted a drink or not (I did buy the ultimate beverage package - - and, I enjoy Heineken Light beer, which was available at every single bar on the ship EXCEPT in the main dining room - - on other cruises, when this was the case, the server simply made an extra effort and went and found some for me to keep on hand - - - this was NOT the case at all for me on this sailing - - again, shame!

I would be most hesitant to consider another Royal Caribbean cruise again.

TOO small, TOO dated, TOO uncomfortable, TOO bad!!!!