Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Rude service, terrible food

Sail Date: May 01, 2014

I had a good time on the cruise due to the company I was with. The cruise itself fell far below my expectations (having been on two cruises in the past on which I had very positive experience). The employees were rude\, not accommodating\, sarcastic and did not look like they wanted to be there. When asked why\, they would say things like \"Oh\, it has been a long day.\" Though I empathize with long days\, that is not acceptable when you work in a service industry. Imagine if a surgeon were to explain away a failed operation due to having had a long day.

Pros: Enjoyed the

Cons: Terrible service\, terrible food.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.

The ship is old. It was not \"dirty\" but certainly lacked the dignified and elegant feel that other cruises have.
It tasted like second rate college dining hall food. The evening dinner was certainly better\, but still\, nothing too special.
It served its purpose
There were no instances of \"going above & beyond.\" When a friend asked\, \"Can we get towels here?\". an employee just stated: \"No.\" She did not bother to point to where one might get towels. And as it turns out\, that IS where one needed to get towels\, she was just being sarcastic.
They have an okay casino\, not much variety in terms of shows or entertainment. There evening night deck party was well done. But nothing extravagant like other cruises where they have ice sculptures and extensive desert buffets\, etc.