The least enjoyable of all cruises we've taken, but still fun and relaxing

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 09, 2015
Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Pros: Overall good staff (our room attendant and dinner service was impecable); clean boat; decent food; warmer than Ohio. Cons: Old boat showing age; I typically enjoy the complimentary spa services like steam room and sauna. The steam room on the Majesty was pitiful. Big enough for about 2 people and stunk like mildew; having to choose between 6:30 and 9 PM (unless you pay extra $) for dinning time is a little ridiculous; entertainment was pretty boring - not a single entertainer impressed me; bad weather forced us into pants and sweatshirts; missing a port-of-call due to high winds was EXTREMELY disappointing because the boat was rather boring; only two hot tubs always at capacity by travelers under 20 years of age; food was decent (6/10), but IDENTICAL to food we ate on the Jewel of the Seas last year. A specific negative was that we could not receive reimbursement for an excursion we booked on the boat: At Key West, my wife and I decided to book (through the cruise) and trolley tour of the island. The cruise advertised they had the lowest price for the trolley, so we picked up two tickets. Ended up costing us around $50 total. Unfortunately, We didn't know that another member of our party had already booked scooters for us. I immediately returned to the boat (about 45 minutes after buying the trolley tickets) to request reimbursement. It was promptly denied without exception. The silver lining is that it was only $50 and not hundreds. I just wish Royal would have worked with us a little - come on, we had JUST bought the tickets. Also, the boat advertised they had the lowest price for the trolley. This is false. Do not book excursions through the boat unless you are a little hesitant of exploring new places, because you WILL pay more. Synopsis: Will never visit the Bahamas again, will NEVER travel on the Majesty of the Seas again, BUT we had a good time with friends and didn't have to think about work. If I could award 2.5 stars I would. I would say that we had a good experience, but wouldn't recommend this cruise. Certainly not in February.

Food was OK. Food service was GREAT.

Nothing impressed me. The two female lead singers were decent.

Domingos and Godwin. They were attentive and happy.

Old, but clean.

Very small compared to other cabins. But it was clean and the bathroom was a decent size. The shower had good water flow and tons of hot water. In the end, in you go on a cruise to hang out in your stateroom, I think you missed the point.
Not much to do. The Bahamas are just sand, non volcanic. So, no mountains or colorful terrain.
Couldn't port due to high winds. We really wanted to check this out.
Key West is a wonderful village. Cozy. Highly recommend renting scooters.