Smaller Ship--They Try Harder!!!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 08, 2014
Ship: Majesty of the Seas

While the "Monster" sized ship of Royal Caribbean off a few more play amenities, there were certainly more than enough amusement features to keep you busy all day and night. This was the warmest of cruises in regard to Staff and Dining Room Servers, I felt like a VIP. All went out of their way to MAKE SURE I was enjoying myself and happy, they cared--like all cruises, the food was quite varied and all of it really good. The Shows at the Theater were first rate, lots of fun and laughter. That I happened to win at the Casino and departed the ship with more money than I came with was an unexpected add on to the cruise. Nassau, the Capital of the Bahamas, had it's historical sights but the basic tour as sold by Royal Caribbean, was mostly a bust--one of the two stops was basically to but Tee Shirts, Shells, Magnets and the like from local Vendors--the other was to the fabulous Hotel Atlantis, we could have taken a local Taxi and spent a great day there, with all it's amenities, instead of a half hour. Key West is just beautiful, the tour we chose had twelve stops, any of which we could get off, explore, and pick up another bus to continue to the next stop and explore the next area of interest, with no time limits, at any stop, other than to get back to the ship in time for dinner. The Majestic of the Seas, 5 Stars all the way. The reason for a 4 Star rating was the poor choice, on my part, mind you, of the Nassau tour and the endless guys trying to hustle you into taking picture, both on the ship and off. My review is of the fully rounded experience, there were two clinkers--the rest was Fabulous--don't think twice, book the cruise!!!

Servers Russelll and RoseAnne

Being a smaller ship, the rooms were smaller than you'd expect, but, you only sleep, shower and dress in the room, so it was of little consequence, There are no Balconies on the Majestic of the Seas, again, no big deal

Try, if possible, to avoid the Buffets. The Dining Room offers so much more variety of rather fabulous food and you'll be served--no standing on lines for your food.