Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Lots and lots of extras! Be prepared

Sail Date: August 29, 2014

This was my second cruise. For the uninitiated please be aware that (as of this review):

1) The internet costs $30/hour. That is NOT a typo...$30/hour! Or for even more money you can get other time packages. However...you will NOT get internet in your room. Perhaps you can sit on the floor propped up against the conference room in the hallway like I did. Too expensive to be that inconvenient. Sometimes; even on vacation; we need to connect for work etc. I found this price  outrageous. Please be aware.

2) The drink pakages are designed to also get the most out of you. If you prefer to have options when you drink to go between beers or wines or mixed drinks then that will set you back $55/day and you MUST buy the package for EVEY day you are on board. The worst part is that their system of swiping your room card and printing two receipts is VERY time consuming and EXTREMELY frustrating as the bars get crowded. Please be prepared to perhaps go dry for your trip (but you'll still get aggravated by the wait!)

3) Speaking of drinks...the drink service in the dinning room (which is a separate waiter for your table from your food waiter) was the worst. I hate to be so negative but every night our table became more and more frustrated with waiting until our meal was practically over to get our drinks. They did not have this system down properly and it partially ruined the experience. You would expect more considering technology as it is.

4) The worst part: The waiting for the "demonstration" on deck at the beginning of the cruise. No joke- it was over 90 degrees in the hot sun. They parade you out there like cattle without water or fans. I almost passed out! And it took almost an hour to hear a 2 minute speech! There has got to be a better way to treat your customers and to start of your cruise. Finally, when I told my room attendant who told me "Anything you need just ask" that I wanted to see the person in charge of the safety demonstration fiasco I was blown off.

I will never again use this cruise line and perhaps never cruise. This experience turned me off.

iT'S OLDER
DRINK SERVICE RUINED IT COMPLETLY
HARI WHO RAN THE BAR ON THE FOURTH DECK WAS FANTASTIC
COCO CAY IS JUST ALRIGHT.