Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Excellent Value!

Sail Date: May 05, 2014

Cabin: 600X

This review is a bit lengthy, sorry in advance! Just got back from a 4 day sailing on the Majesty. The cruise was great, and an excellent value to boot! I was a little skeptical after reading all the negative reviews about the ships condition, food quality, ports, etc. I must point out that one shouldn’t rule this ship out due to the reviews, and one should always keep an open mind when cruising.

Embarkation process was a breeze. Make sure you’re at the port early. I arrived at 945am, which was a little early. I had to wait at customs for about 45 minutes, as they didn’t start checking passengers in until 1045ish. Since I was early, there was no line when I passed through customs, and no line to wait in to get my Seapass card.

I boarded the ship at about 1115am. Since my room wasn’t ready until 1pm, I went to the windjammer to grab some lunch. If the windjammer is packed, I recommend the Compass deli, or Sorrento’s pizza located on deck 12. The food was excellent the entire time I was on the ship. The windjammer (buffet), main dining room, Compass deli, and Sorrento’s pizza were all great options. FYI Sorrento’s pizza is open until 5am, and offers hot ,fresh pizza for those of you who like to stay out at the club until the wee hours of the morning.

The entertainment on the ship was also good. I enjoyed the adult late night game show, which everyone is a participant in if you choose to go to the show. They make you do some wild things that one normally wouldn’t do which made it very fun! I also enjoyed the adult comedy show, which was very funny! The nightclub, and late night parties were very good. The club music was great, and better than expected.

My inside cabin was great. The bathroom was a little small, which we expected. But, other than the bathroom, the room and bed were very spacious, and not as small as people make it out to be. This is the best value for 2 people in my opinion. Deck 6 was very quiet, and I would recommend, if available.

The pool, and hot tubs were also very good, and clean. The pool area was a great area to relax in. They have plenty of chairs and one shouldn’t worry about not getting a spot to sit.

The drink package was a great value. Royal Caribbean only offers the drink packages on 4+ day sailings (sorry 3 day cruisers).  I got the $55/day drink package, which included premium liquor (up to $10 value), beer (up to $6), wine, which I don’t drink, soda (you get a cool cup to fill at the Coke freestyle machines), and bottled water. One may think that $55 ($220 for 4 days), is ridiculous, but, it’s really not for unlimited drinks. Most premium liquor drinks on the ship run about $7, and the highest that I had was $9.75. Drinks really add up fast, so you may want to check out this option. My wife got the royal replenishment package (non-alcohol) for $20/day (check out the inclusions, on Royal Caribbean site).  One tip is to buy your package before you get on the ship to avoid the hassle. The check in desk at the port will already have the sticker on your seapass card, so you can avoid the hassle of buying it on the ship. Check out the Boleros bar, on deck 6. They make the best mojitos! All the bar tenders do a great job at pouring drinks, and they don’t” water down” the alcohol, as other reviews have alleged. Make sure you leave a tip for each drink.

The ports were all very good. I enjoyed CocoCay the most. Such a beautiful island, and a great place to chill out in the crystal clear water. Watch out for the stray roosters, and iguanas!

Lastly, the debarkation was a breeze. I would recommend opting for carrying your own luggage off the ship. This is only an option for the 715am-815 debarkation. They serve continental breakfast at 6am, so no need to worry about missing your last meal! Exiting the ship, and customs was very easy. We managed to get off the ship, and through customs in about 20 minutes.  The port is a little chaotic at this time, so remain in good spirits haha!

Overall, a great cruise. The staff, including my room attendant went above and beyond! The ship was very clean, and was maintained beautifully. The final bill charged to my credit card didn’t have any errors, or erroneous charges. A big thumbs up for Royal Caribbean!

Very clean, and well kept
Great, many options. Compass Deli, and Sorrentos pizza was the best!
Interior cabin spacious, enough room for 2 people
Top notch service! Bar staff was great, room attendant was very helpful!
Liked the late night nightclub. Enjoyed the adult game show, and adult comedy, very funny!
Pool, and hot tub were very clean. Lots of seating area. Piano bar was great! Nightclub was also great.
All 3 stops were great. CocoCay was my favorite!
Miami, Florida
Embarkation was a breeze. Stayed in South Beach the night before. I would recommend SB if you dont have a car!
Liked the shops (although a little redundant). Take the ferry to paradise island, well worth the $8!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
One word can describe CocoCay....Paradise! Try the Cocoloco (great,island drink of the day), my favorite. Drink features (per the bartender): Rum, rum, rum, fruit juice, and rum. By the way he wasn't kidding those were his exact words!
Key West, Florida
Great little area to walk around. I recommend renting a scooter or electric gem car. I managed to walk the entire area (about 4 miles).

Skip the windjammer, and head to deck 12 to the Compass Deli, and Sorrentos pizza. Both places were my favorite. The deli makes fresh hot sandwiches. They also have a good salad bar.