Good trip in spite of minor issues.

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 13, 2014
Ship: Majesty of the Seas

I traveled in a group of 8. Checkin was fast and efficient, our stateroom was impeccably clean and lunch in the Windjammer was awesome. The issues we encountered ranged from inconvenience to upsetting... though none were really show stoppers.

Though I was on vacation, there was an online meeting I wanted to join.  Unlike previous cruises, I had an extremely hard time getting internet access. Only once was I able to log in... and that was on my phone but when I tried logging on to check flights... no go. I ended up waiting till we got to Key West and used my 4G to check flights and check in. The front desk could only offer up that all available addresses were taken. Seems C&A members were given 10 free minutes... couldn't use 'em...  The problem was bad enough that some of the pcs in their internet cafe, or whatever it's called, couldn't access the system. So, my laptop was virtually useless. I tried wi-fi on the pc, cellphone, and tablet.

Second item, though it may not be RCL's fault, our stop at Key West involved an excrutiating wait while customs/immigration agents mad their way to the boat, then to the dining room... to check id before we could go ashore. When we went down at the time we were given, we found a line that stretched for 3 decks! I understand that C&I guys do whatever C&I guys want to do... but it would be sweet if they'd come out with the pilot boat... get it all done before docking... We're not in Key West that long and a couple extra hours would be nice.

One of the incentives to purchase the soda package are the awesome Coke machines they have on deck 12. You can mix and match products and flavors... There has to be 125 different combinations. Anyway, on day 3, one of the machines went kaput and the other had no ice and served watered down drinks. They were able to get one of them up and running but the line could get pretty long. To be fair, we could get fills from the bar or waiter... but I missed my raspberry Coke.

There is another change from last year. This cruise, they automatically add 12 bucks a day to the room for tips... Though I'm sure it's cuz some don't feel the need to tip, and it should be their choice, I don't like being told I hafta tip and how much it's going to be....

Those are the only issues I had with the cruise. Otherwise, it was the same awesome experience I've come to expect from RCL.

Sales on deck 5 are hard to pass up. DO be sure to head back to the ship an hour or so before departure or the lines can get quite long.