Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Nice Four Day Vacation

Sail Date: November 18, 2013

The Majesty of the Seas is a smaller ship than what we've been used to with our past few cruises. We took a downgrade to an interior cabin which was very small but cozy. There were no shelves in the closet and only four small drawers for clothes. The cabin was mostly bed. For four days it was fine.

The food was not fabulous as it has been in the past but it was very good. The staff was not as professional as we've seen in the past so I was surprised.

The ship is twenty-one years old so it is tired. There are stains on the carpeting and the ship shows signs of wear. I am only making these comments because of what I'm used to seeing on cruises. I've been cruising since the early 80s and the ships have always been pristine. I think it boils down to the lower fares and perhaps less staff.

When I took the downgrade I was told that my baggage tags would update but they never did. Luckily we were able to carry our own luggage on and off the ship so we didn't have to worry about waiting for a porter to get baggage tags.

The ship is easy to get around because of the smaller size so everything you need is close by. Very convenient especially for someone with a walker, a cane or wheelchair.

The captain was awesome. He's is a young man that's full of fun and spirit. I would take the ship again.

Cruise Photos

It's older and showing age
Children's Programs No children on trip

This ship is smaller so it's very convenient for people that have issues walking.