Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not pleased with onboard experience

Sail Date: November 11, 2013

Having been on several cruises with another line, I was expecting my first cruise on Royal Carribean to be at least on par if not better

than the other cruise ine.  That was not the case.  We chose RC mainly because the stop in Key West was longer than with the other

cruise line.  The excursions were fantastic, can't say the same for our onboard experience.

This was a cruise that I had booked for my daughter & myself...my 5th cruise, her 2nd.  With the exception of breakfast, the food was a huge disappointment, basically the same thing over and over each day...not enough variety and the flavor was not that good.  We both agreed that

the best meal we had onboard other than breakfast was at Johnny Rockets.  The night of our captain's dinner, the food was cold and basically tasteless and the drinks were watered down and room temperature. They had apparently been made ahead of time and no ice was added before they were brought to us.

After a day of visiting the port destinations, we were looking forward to a relaxing soak in the hot tubs onboard after our evening meal.  Imagine our surprise to find that the hot tubs were closed by 6:00 each night.  They should have been open until at least 10:00.  The pool was still open, but who wants to take a swim in cold water after sundown?

The ship was terribly outdated, the rooms extremely small with very limited storage space, only one electrical outlet in the entire cabin and none in the bathroom,  and by the second day of the cruise, the sewage smell in the hallways of the ship was becoming overwhelming.

We had looked forward to this trip for months and were excited about trying a different cruise line....not only will we not be taking another cruise with Royal Carribean, we can not in good faith recommend it to friends & family.

Children's Programs n/a

Book with a different cruise line.