Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Relax short weekend excuse...

Sail Date: June 21, 2013

I was planning a short escape, I read reviews on this and other ships and I notice short cruise tend to be on old ships with needs of repairs and for the money and ship age you can't expect the latest ship on the market specially if you have cruise before.

With that on mind Majesty is the best of two worlds as the renewed the ship and the conditions looks good (I went on the "twin" ship Monarch in 1992) and they still look the same and our dinner mates told the same as they went on that ship for their honeymoon 19 years ago.

I felt food portions were more in the past but for me, healthy perfect portions, but if you eat a lot well, theirs food 24/7 everywhere so you will never be hungry.

Cococay was a rainy day after 11:30 am so I couldn't enjoy that much, but as a sunny day, it's awsome.

Nassau: if you are going to Atlantis by your own, you won't have access to accuarius or pool surroundings, so make sure to book at least the basic tour to enjoy all the hotel areas.

Shows are not bad (not the best either, again thinking that it's a 4 days cruise) except for the last day that was a "Broadway Style Show" and highly emotion with almost all ship crew in person and video saying goodbye at the end.

Anyway, there is entertainment for almost all taste: kareoke for kids & adults, latin lounge with salsa & merengue, disco, meet up for single people, midnight pool parties for all ages at midnight, from 50', 60', 70', 80' and 90' trivias, dance competitions and shows!

Great prices on liquor (bottles: vodka, rum, etc) onboard... Nice jewerly selection and prices, if you left your beach bag or sun hat home well $10 everyday (worry free)...

Cruise Photos

Children's Programs N/A
Miami, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
As you take a ship with 300 people capacity, if you are a rush person, go early!

Carry your daily schedule each time you leave your cabin so you won't miss your favorite shows/entertainment....

By all pictures the last day as you can have a package and free portfolio with 2 free pictures of the ship and islands visited.

1 Comment