Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Mostly Good

Sail Date: April 26, 2013

This was the second time that my husband and I took this cruise, and it seemed a lot more crowded than the last cruise (2 months ago - same exact cruise). I think every room was booked up. That being said, the steward was friendly as usual and the waitstaff also very nice. The food was good -- we had the late sitting. We thought that Guest Relations were actually rude and not very helpful-- Also the final onboard bill charged to a credit card that we did not authorize and I don't know how that happened but it did. The casino -- I guess like any casino -- the dealer always got the blackjacks and the patrons the 14s and 15s on the blackjack table -- I really wonder about that casino. I think there was a mixed class of people -- ranging from urban to upper middle class -- but really a mixed bag -- I suppose this has its good points and bad points but all in all you are getting a real mixed bag on this cruise because it isn't that much money (our tickets for the three night cruise were on $325 a piece for outside non-balcony -- for three full days of eating and entertainment and transportation to the bahamas -- really how can you beat that? The plane fare alone would be that much. We booked at the last minute and maybe that is why we got that rate. I thought that the ship could be "cleaner" in some areas -- and it looks like some of the rugs are ripping up from wear and tear -- the drinks are moderately priced. There were a lot of couples and a mixed age group - not many children on this cruise but a few. Overall it is a good value for a weekend getaway -- there were a lot of floridians on the boat because of proximity and it is a nice weekend get a way.
Miami, Florida
It took 2 hours to get out of the customs area
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Nassau, Bahamas we were parked right next to the city