Unorganized, Unprepared and Dishonest

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: April 19, 2013

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Review Summary

There were several things wrong with this cruise...and we have cruised many times with many cruise lines (even this same ship previously without issues). It seems that, perhaps due to the economy, the cruise lines are skimping. The food was not as impressive as usual, the buffets and general food service ended earlier in the evening than on previous cruises and there seemed to be additional fees associated with, not only food after hours, but with activities, etc. The ferry boats between the ship and the private island were dirty and unmaintained and the communication between them on trips back and forth was unorganized. Our ferry was stuck in rough water (the weather was cloudy and windy) for over 45 minutes as we waited for another docked ferry to unload and reload, causing several passengers to become ill. Most of which could have been avoided if our ferry were asked to wait at the island for clearance of the already docked ferry...poor communication. The final negative straw of the trip was that on the last evening on the ship, my family and I had gone to the dining room for dinner and I had left my wedding ring on the bathroom counter in the stateroom (yes, my fault). However, when we returned to the stateroom, the ring was gone and our room had been made up by the crew for the evening. The missing ring was brought to the attention of the ship's management and the crew was questioned, however no one admitted to having seen or taken the ring. I was overall extremely disappointed in this ship, its lack of activities, its unfriendly crew and its lack of organization. I will never sail Royal Carribean again.

Ship Experiences

Limited dining options/early closure

Limited compared to previous cruises

Limited compared to previous cruises

Limited

Unfriendly, dishonest

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)