Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Birthday Cruise

Sail Date: January 18, 2013

We booked this cruise for my sister's 50th birthday. My 2 sisters, their husbands, my wife and myself were in attendance. This was the second cruise for my wife and I. My sisters had never been on one. From the very beginning there was a great energy on the ship. The staff was friendly and really seemed to care about our on board experience (with the exception of the first bartender we encountered). Once the staff found out it was my sister's birthday they took great care in making her special day wonderful. The cruise director(s) were amazing! Lots of energy and dedication to making sure everyone was having a great time. One staff member (Desmond) especially went to great lengths to ensure everyone's good time. The woman who took care of our rooms was very sweet and made sure we had everything we wanted or needed. The one thing that kept this from being a 5 star review was the food in the main dining room. Most of it was very good but my wife, sister and brother in law had dry and tough steaks on the first night. On the second night in the main dining room my roasted duck was in a word terrible. Very dry and extremely fatty. We opted to eat buffet style on the last night of the cruise and enjoyed the meal immensely. We all lost money in the casino, which is to be expected but had a blast. One complaint I do have is that we went to a diamond seminar on the ship before we embarked. The man giving the seminar told us that all the shops in Nassau closed at 2:30 on Sundays (except the diamond store he was promoting), which was the day we were there. I didnt buy it and told our group that he couldnt be right. Lets face it, those people thrive on tourism. Not to risk missing out on shopping, we cancelled our excursion to the Blue Lagoon in order to have time for shopping. As soon as we hit the shops in Nassau we found out he lied to us. All the shops stayed open until at least 5 and some until 8! We missed a day of fun at the Blue Lagoon because this idiot lied to everyone to push his own agenda. I was and still am appalled that Royal Caribbean would allow something like this to go on.
Overall it was a very enjoyable cruise. We met a lot of really nice people from all over the world and my sister had a 50th birthday she will never forget.
very clean
hit and miss in main dining room
small but adequate
Lots to do
have no idea really

Try the Mexican beef stew in the Winjammer for dinner. Best thing we ate on the ship!

1 Comment