Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

I have been on this...

Sail Date: March 30, 2012

p
I have been on this ship 11 times, I love it. The crew is cheerful and friendly, and the weekend getaway itinerary is great! Leave work at noon on friday, back monday morning.
p
The ship is old and balcony-challenged, but I like that. It is a real ship with a hotel on it, not a hotel with propellers stuck on the bottom.
p
Love the Royal Caribbean 70#39;s thing, and the latin club (Bolaros), the 2-5 poker table with a live dealer. With only 70 miles to travel over saturday night, the ship is usually dead in the water at midnight saturday night, adrift, with a party and buffet going on deck. (Nobody even notices the navigation christmas tree lit up with red over red, the international we#39;re just sitting here going nowhere lights).
p
The lido deck restaraunt is a buffet with (usually) no lines or really short lines, its a pleasure. The all night pizza is same-old same-old, but Johnny Rockets and the Deli are great. (you can only overeat so much in two days.)
p
the Boogie Wonderland show is great, surprisingly good in fact for an old and seemingly small ship. (One of the biggest cruise ships in the world when she was built, but small by today#39;s standards.)
p
I also like watching the sunset form the very unusual stern decks. (The ship dates from before they figured out how to cram every square inch of the ship with some sort of fee earner.)
p
I like the outdoor race track muster stations on deck 7. The ability to get all of the passengers outdoors all at once on lifeboat loading deck is something the new huge ships don#39;t have.
p
Enjoy this beautiful old lady before Royal Caribbean finally sells her like her sisters, the Soverign and the soon-to-disappear Monarch. They do a wonderful job of upkeep and refurbishment, so you would never know the ship is 20 years old excpept for the naval architecture. No worn carpets, rickety doorknobs or snowy old TV#39;s -- all the hands-on stuff is up to snuff.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

windjammer, johnny rockets, deli, midnight buffet. COOL!
Boogie wonderland! Love the 70's and latin dancing
usually not that many kids on the weekends I've gone, but no problems that I can see
Crew really friendly
Love coco cay. It's just a beach. Go be lazy.