Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wouldn't do it again.

Sail Date: July 13, 2012

I just got off the ship this morning. I'm a long time Florida resident, and being a beach buff have visited many beaches on the US east coast, Mexico, Roatan, Grand Cayman and the Mediterranean. The one beach visit I made was to Cococay. If you've been to beaches before this is nothing at all special. It is clean and if you have young children there's a \"lagoon\" of sorts so children can play in shallow waters. However, I was surprised to see that it was not lifeguarded.

Nassau-there's basically not enough time to visit any of the nice beaches posted on Tripadvisor so we shopped at the Straw market and on Bay Street. Huge contrasts between the two. The straw market has lots of things made in China and table after table is virtually the same cheap merchandise, and there are hundreds of vendors. Don't pay more than 25% of asking price. I repeatedly walked away and they kept cutting the price like crazy. Bay street is all high end designer merchandise: Versaci, Gucci, Coach, LV, diamond jewellers, etc. Everything was on \"sale\". I shopped for a replacement ring my daughter lost which we just bought in Israel. It was silver, stamped 925 with Australian opals. I paid $20. On and around Bay street similiar items after all the discounts was $125 and that was the cheapest. If you pay cash everyone is willing to give you another 10% off.

The staff- I don't know why the previous reviewer wrote all the staff wanted was tips. They have to eat, of course they want tips! However, I never felt the sticking the hand out mentality they posted. I moved around the ship a lot, and having travelled a bit, I don't like wasting my time getting lost so I ask a lot of questions. I found virtually everyone to be knowledgable, helpful and friendly.

The food was disgusting. I'm not a gourmand, however, I do eat a lot of fresh food and spring for organics especially on milk, eggs, creamer, fruits, and veggies. If you can taste a

Pros: The staff

Cons: The food and the ports

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.

Saw three shows. Had a lot of fun.