Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointing

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

This is my third cruise line, I have to admit, the rooms are tiny, the little things I took forgranted on the other lines became obvious. Little things like cutely displayed towel animals, with our daily itenerary, freebies in the bathroom (like toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, floss, suntan lotion)

Pros: The Idea of a private island, the late hours we were allowed to reboard the ship.

Cons: The food,The staff, they take you to a private island for the day and charge for EVERYTHING -Trampoline, snorkeling, paddle boating, kayaking. I am surprised the food and chairs were free.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.

The ship is already out dated, entering the first day to dirty and old carpet, and NO ONE to great us/direct us was sad.
My Time dinning is a joke. We went for dinner and were told that we would have to wait until 830pm to get in. We had 4 very hungry children that couldnt possibly wait that long. Our family (of 15) didnt ever get to share a table. We had to switch what table we sat at to be able to visit during the long wait for food. The buffet offered food that didnt really go together, and it seemed every time I got to it (from fixing my childrens plates first) it was out of what I wanted. I went for asparagus 3 days in a row (because my sister got some) and they never replenished it by the time we were done eating.
Tiny and poorly laid out. The little things I took forgranted on the other lines became obvious. Little things like cutely displayed towel animals, with our daily itenerary, freebies in the bathroom (like toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, floss, suntan lotion)
The impression they gave was that of just doing work, with no regard to my experience. They didnt know what was going on, where anything was, and most didnt speak English enough to help.
Only one of my children was able to go to the child program. She was so looking forward to it but was disappointed when she and her cousin were the only two children in her area; they could hear the older kids and wanted to join them. I was disappointed that my 2 year old had NOTHING TO DO. He likes swimming but not enough to fill 4 days. He wanted to go with his sister but was too young. So we couldnt do anything grown up because we still had him. I was impressed the childcare providers spoke so many languages.
I didnt go to any shows, because they were not advertised very well. I would have liked to see more of the entertainers out and about on the ship doing mini entertaining.