It Was Just OK

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 15, 2011
Ship: Majesty of the Seas
I wasn't 'wowed'. I learned that Majesty is one of the older and smaller ships but despite the $40 million renovation it still seemed dated to me. My stateroom was overall ok but a little bit musty and there was some mildew in the shower. There was a lot of food but it wasn't great. I ate breakfast at the Windjammer buffet every morning and I found the eggs to always be hard, the turkey sausage dry and flavorless. The diningroom options weren't impressive and the desserts were downright nasty. The best food I ate during the trip was from Johnny Rockets (the shakes are awesome!). But beware - there is a surcharge to eat there and the shakes are extra. The entertainment was cheesy and there didn't seem to be a great variety. I also wasn't prepared for all the extras you get charged for - like bottled water and soda. I would think those should be included. Overall it was a nice experience and I'll definitely cruise again but probably on a larger, newer ship.

Don't Miss: Parasailing!

Pros: Ports

Cons: Food, Extra Charges

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.