Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

another adventure

Sail Date: February 01, 2011

I have traveled RCCL over 20 times. If you want a quick 3 or 4 day adventure.....This is the ship. What else are you comparing it to? Carnival Yuk, NCCL Sky? Not bad but not like Majesty. Majesty took it upon themselves to upgrade the ship. Job well done. Like the Windjammer since they added deli uptop and Sorrento;s ( Pizza) . Also love finding that quiet spot for buffet breakfast and or lunch. A good hint is have lunch in dining room. Prefer being served and salad experience is wonderful. Ok....... Moving forward. Coco Cay. If the weather is good, and the water is calm one of the best places to snorkel. Hint....Bring a mask and fins if u can . Much less expensive then renting. I live 30 minutes from the port so it is easy. Plenty of lounge chairs. Another hint.....Rent a mat. Only $10.00 for the day and worth floating the lagoon.
Nassau is ok. Some shopping and straw market may be challenging. Hot and crowded. Found a name brand bag for my daughter. ( LOL) Bay Street walk to the right. If there on Sunday many shops are closed. Paradise Island is no biggie. If u want to see big yachts and sneak into Atlantis and pay big dollars do so. I take that back the aquarium is fantastic. $40.00 pp but nice. A hambuger, fries and soda is $25.00. Plan on passing on lunch and head back to ship. Another hint. When leaving Nassau head up to circular lounge on top of ship. Beautiful view.
Night time....Schooner lounge I like. Piano bar, guiter and lots of people participating with a sing-a -long. Nice full drinks. Great before dinner and after dinner. Shows ok but not broadway. Casino. Not a player but still looked at people. A bit too much smoke as I am surprised how many people still smoke, Service is good as I believe the majority of the staff really care. Getting on ship easy. Getting off can back up depending on when u get off. I usually am off at 7:10 am. I hate to admit , but I head right to my office and am there before 8:00am. Great way to spend a long weekend. Have fun. Take it for what it is.I just love cruising. See you soon on another adventure

Pros: The calm blue sea

Cons: some of the loud....Heh never been away people

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Food for the mass. Accept it. Buffet offer more variety
cabins are one of the smallest in the fleet. I only need it for sleeping and beds are very comfortabe
I like most of the show. It gives u things to do at night. Ship deck party is fun but all depends on weather.
never a problem. Always accommodating