First cruise experience

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 07, 2011
Ship: Majesty of the Seas
Overall a great first cruise :) If you are older or traveling with kids, I would not recommend going on a cruise during the college spring break season. Our ship was 85% drunk college kids, and they pretty much took over the entire pool area & deck! I probably wouldn't go on another cruise with Royal Caribbean again, but only because I would want to experience another cruise line. This trip definitely didn't turn me away from another cruise vacation.

Food was hit or miss. Good food was really good, and bad food was really bad. We tried the buffet and the dining room. Service was very good, and we enjoyed the variety of food served. We never went hungry!

Some shows were very good. We saw a musical bit, magic show, comedy show, and a few game shows. Some of the activities were repeated many times (karaoke three nights in a row, without anything else to do in that time frame). I would say 95% of the activities were planned in a bar/lounge, so people would buy drinks. That got old pretty fast.

Everyone was very friendly. Our stateroom attendant went above and beyond. Every time we left the room and came back, she had re-made the bed, re-cleaned the bathroom, re-stocked the towels. It was like having a personal maid service! The waiters were exceptional as well. Everyone seemed happy and willing to help.

Well-maintained ship

Small, but that's to be expected.
We mainly walked around the town and shopped. But I would recommend getting out of the downtown area to go to the beach.
I would definitely book an excursion with the cruise line. We booked through orbitz, and honestly, the excursion wasn't very great in quality or value. If you go during the college spring break season (late Feb to end of March), be prepared to see bars full of drunk students falling over themselves.
Don't Miss: shopping!
My fav port of call. The island and the beach were beautiful. There are an endless number of beach chairs and hammocks to lounge in. A family we talked to said they did the "Glassbottom boat tour" on the island and saw sharks and dolphins, and I wish we would have done it!

Pros: Food, Shows, Service

Cons: Repeat of activities, lack of variety in things to do, constant reminder to pay tips

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!