Disapointed!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 21, 2011
Ship: Majesty of the Seas
The ship was clean but out dated.

The food was horrible. I have had better food at a 10 dollar buffet. This was my major area of concern I didnt go on a cruize to eat pizza and tacos. The food areas were not open at all times. There was parts of the day when you could not recieve food other then room service which was nothing more then chicken fingers or other bar food. I was completely disapointed in the food selection, quality and availability. There was not one steak or piece of sea food to be had on this ship other then the sit down dinners and that was sub par.

There was nothing of value to entertain you on the ship. The casino's game variety was limited and the one poker table that was available was used several times a night for tournaments. The rake on the poker table was astronomical at 10% up to 15 dollars thats more then twice the average casinos rake and a clear rip off.

I was so bored I attempted to play bingo on the first night. After 45 minutes of setting up for bingo it consisted of one single bingo game. I sat and looked around the room and counted over 150 people playing bingo at an average of 15 dollars a person that equals 2250 dollars in revenue and the pay out for one game was 300 dollars. Thats less then a 20 percent pay out for the money collected. This was like every other activity on the ship a clear rip off and nothing more then a money making venture for the company.

They were friendly and helpful but rather annoying constantly asking to take pictures.

The ship itself was always clean and well maintained just outdated and the decor was lacking.

The staterooms were obviously outdated but well maintained.
This was the best part of the trip the island was clean and well organized. The only thing lacking was food there was a bbq between 12-2 but we were on an excursion and missed it and subsequently were starving by time we went back to the ship. This island was beautiful but the lack of available food once again was disapointing.
Don't Miss: Jet skiing was well worth it.
Nassau itself was dirty and run down. My girlfriend did not feel safe shopping by herself and we could not find our way to access the beach. It was a major disappointment. This also included atlantis which looks beautiful but you coud not access anything except the casino without paying for a tour.
Key West was clean and a nice place to visit I only wish we had more time in this port.

Pros: The service was great.

Cons: The food horrible!!!

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.