Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My best adventure yet!

Sail Date: September 01, 2010

This was my very first cruise & I was traveling alone so my agent, Sherry listened to my champagne dreams (and Kool Aid budget!) and suggested Royal Caribbean to get a luxurious experience within a formal setting. The RCL Majesty of the Seas is a beautiful ship that is not TOO large so that it is overwhelming to first timers, but still comfortably luxe and with plenty to do for all age groups. This is a refurbished ship that is beautifully maintained. My stateroom was nice, bright, and well arranged for space. My attendant, Ludwick, was awesome, constantly straightening my room throughout the day, providing things I needed and very attentive. The whole staff goes above & beyond with great & attentive service, friendliness and care. For example, while touring Nassau, I ate way too much fried food from local vendors and developed an upset stomach. Upon return to port, I saw one of my table mates, mentioned my upset stomach & said I would take a nap before dinner. I slept past dinner time. My waiter asked about me at dinner & learned I did not feel well; he advised the Head Waiter who notified Guest relations, who alerted my stateroom attendant. Ludwick came to my room to check on me right away. I attended dinner very late, where my waiter Ely was wonderful & pointed out foods that would not aggravate my upset stomach. This was incredible service! I really felt pampered and well attended by the whole staff.

Pros: I loved the incredible service I received from RCL staff. I felt so pampered and taken care of.

Cons: The line through Customs; but who does??

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The ship is very clean, very beautiful and has a traditional cruise ship decor. I loved the open layout of the ship and found it easy to navigate.
The Majesty has food for every taste you can imagine: My formal dining room Starlight created all of these wonderful & sometimes exotic dishes that were wonderfully presented. I enjoyed the full service wait staff every evening. The ship also has the WindJammer Buffet for breakfast lunch & dinner daily, a pizzeria, a deli, Johnny Rockets, Cafe Latte and some pool side buffets. There is ALWAYS something to eat!
My first lesson: All staterooms are small, but this one was nicely arranged so it did not feel so tiny. The bathrooms & furniture are the only areas where you may notice this is an older ship, but it doesn't really matter. My room was so clean and always prepped by my attendant, with tons of pillows, fresh sheets, towel animals. Most will say the rooms don't matter because you are not in there alot but I like a nice room and RCL delivered.
RCL staff were incredible; I was so pleased & impressed by the level service I received from everyone onboard. TMy attendant, Ludwick, was awesome, constantly straightening my room throughout the day, providing things I needed and very attentive. The whole staff goes above & beyond with great & attentive service, friendliness and care. For example, while touring Nassau, I ate way too much fried food from local vendors and developed an upset stomach. Upon return to port, I saw one of my table mates, mentioned my upset stomach & said I would take a nap before dinner. I slept past dinner time. My waiter asked about me at dinner & learned I did not feel well; he advised the Head Waiter who notified Guest relations, who alerted my stateroom attendant. Ludwick came to my room to check on me right away. I attended dinner very late, where my waiter Ely was wonderful & pointed out foods that would not aggravate my upset stomach. This was incredible service! I really felt pampered.
I was determined to do one new thing each day & participate in all the ship had to offer. I enjoyed the Salsa lessons (and I am almost completely a professional now!), the Boogie Wonderland Musicals (The singers & dancers were awesome!!! Tina Turner & the Ike-ettes were a hoot!!) the 70's & 80's dance parties & Pool Parties were so much fun! I loved how they incorporated disco, R&B, Pop, line dancing so everyone could enjoy the parties. The instructors got everyone involved and reached out to all age groups. The Cruise Director James kept us laughing. I was a little disappointed by the club music for the same reason: The DJ would play a really popular older song to get everyone on the floor but switch to rock or popular music for the rest of the night. And the music was the same each night-that was frustrating, because the older crowd needed to come to the club 'early' (by 11) to dance because of the music change.