Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

On our 50th Anniversary

Sail Date: August 27, 2010

For anyone taking their first trip, be aware that you don't even feel motion while the ship is at sea. The Capitan even slightly changed the course of the ship, so that the people at pool side would not get wet from a shower that was in the path of the ship. The crew members just seemed to have constant smiles when asked questions, and were always capable of giving us the answers. My wife was hesitant about the trip, but she is now already dropping hints about going again. Finally, as we were disembarking, I was wearing a knee brace for an injury that happened before the trip, and one of the stewards saw that, and escorted my wife and myself to customs, without having to wait in line. I thought that was just such a wonderful show of concern on his part.

Pros: The excellent way that the people try to make your trip everything you have ever wanted. Their willingness to go the extra mile, so to speak, was not with one or two people, but with everyone who was there to serve us.

Cons: The final day of Bingo left a lot to be desired. The person calling the Bingo game had trouble with the electronics, and carried out the chatter past our posted dinner time of 6PM.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

EVERYTHING was clean and neat.
Like in any quality restaurant, my wife's coffee cup was filled before I even asked anyone.
We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the Junior Stateroom. The television was a nice sized flat screen tv, that had a very good quality picture. There were enough channels to satisfy what we wanted to watch. Also, whenever we put the sign out to have our room cleaned, it was done very quickly, and once my wife even left some money laying on the dresser, and it was never touched!
If there was anyone who didn't have a smile on their face, we certainly never saw them.
There was much to see and do on the ship. Short of taking our afternoon naps, we were busy all the time.
We were disappointed that the aquarium was not free. We had seen on the internet that there was a tour that they charged for, but that there also was a free tour, but when we got to the Atlantis hotel, they told us there was no free tour. When we got back from the Atlantis hotel, it was raining, so we decided to go back to the ship and have our lunch there.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
With having an injured knee, we didn't do too much, except lay in a large hammock under some palm trees together, and enjoyed the wonderful weather. There was alway one of those little carts riding around the beach with drinks.