Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A great "Intro to Cruising" cruise

Sail Date: July 30, 2010

The ship was ideal for the 3 night cruise. It was large enough to have multiple dining facilities, shows, casino, pools, sports facilities, kids activity centers, etc. On the other hand, it wasn't too big where one felt lost and confused trying to find places or over crowded resulting in huge lines. Having never cruised before and having my daughter with me, it was easy for us to navigate from one point to another without having to consult maps or ask directions. Also, we never felt as though we had long waits for anything (except to get off the ship).

Pros: Kids Adventure Club

Cons: Dining Options

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

For the most part the ship was easy to get around. One bank of elevators took us to the 11th deck from which we either accessed the pool area or the variety of grab and go restaurants. The shopping area in the center of the ship had direct connections to the two main dining rooms, the piano bar and the casino. A second set of elevators towards the rear provided direct access between backsides of the piano bar and casino with the main showroom, the fitness facilities and the kids activity center. I would have rather been able to walk with my daughter direct from the center of the ship shopping area to the rear elevators without bringing her through the bar or casino but there isn't a corridor for doing such. Not a big inconvience.
We had the cheap interior 2-bed stateroom. It was big enough for us since all we did is sleep and clean up in there. When booking the trip I debated over why I would want to pay extra for a porthole window I would never look out. The answer came when I would wake up and not know what time it was since the room goes to total black whenever the lights are off no matter if it is day or night. Since the rooms don't have clocks, it interupts ones sleep finding a light and watch to determine what time it is.
I was very happy with the quality of food prepared on the ship. From room service to walk-up facilities to the fine dining rooms, all items prepared were tasty and unique. My biggest issue with beverages is the lack of service for people in their rooms that just need something quick to drink. You either have to go to the restaurants, the bars or the pool to get to a beverage center which is an inconvience if you are not next to one of those facilities.
They lived up to their reputation. Furthermore, I can not say enough good things about the crew in the Kids Adventure Club. My daughter still thinks of the times I put her in there as the highlights of the trip. Never before has going to a babysitter been requested by her!!!
Plenty of onboard activities. We had comedians on board. I was surprised that the casino machines did not seem "tight."
After the initial, "You just want to leave me here so you can have fun on the ship without me," my daughter begged me to take her. She begged me to let her stay. She was frustrated because I pulled her out at midnight to go to bed. Crafts, science projects, new games and adventures around the boat. THE BEST!!!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Do what you want. We rented snorkle equipment and went about 75-100 feet into the water to find fish. The water was clean and warm. Very enjoyable.
We did the walking tour of Nassau which is mostly photo stops and move on. Then we went to Atlantis. Be prepared as they do not act like a typical Vegas casino. They charge for a "Discover Atlantis" pass which just allows you to walk around. It is pricey but well worth it if you want to experience an aquarium like tour of the site.