Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Bahama Mama!

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

We absolutely loved the crusie to the Bahamas. We are early morning people so we were able to beat the crowds on everything. We could sit down and enjoy a quiet breakfast with a warm cup of coffee. We did not stay up for the late night parties or the adult shows - just not our thing! We went for an early morning walk on the beach in Nassua, Bahamas and we enjoyed walking through the streets of the town. We went back on the boat to grab another TERRIFIC lunch. The selection of food on the buffet was always enjoyable. The staff was always prompt, alert and courteous - Good Job! The Royal Carribean crew stays on the boats for 7 months at a time and they still have great attitudes toward every passenger! The RC island of Coco Cay was a very fun stop. My husband and I were the frist boat over to the isalnd and one of the last to leave. I had my hair braided - to be a TRUE Bahama Mama! We went early morning kayaking with a very small group and we were able to see a great view from our kayaks. We rented snorkeling equipment and saw soooooo many beautiful fish. It is well worth the money! I would highly recommend snorkeling! I am not a big drinker but enjoyed the rum drinks on the trip - drinks of the day - Pina Colada - Bahama Mama - Coco Loco - they are all made with rum. The "My Time" dining experience is fantastic. The food and service were EXCELLENT. My husband had TWO meals some nights because he was "still hungry" - NOT - because it was so good he wanted to stuff himself. We enjoyed the other two couples we sat with every evening. My husband liked them too and he struggles talking with strangers. We went light tackle fishing in Key West with Surge our fishing tour guide. He was great! My husband caught a 30 pound lemon shark - he held it for the pictures. Surge wanted me to hold it for a picture but I decided holding a shark was NOT for me! I enjoyed the fishing trip - but one tip - take dramamine before you go. One women on the small boat got sea sick and we voted to return 30 minutes early for her! I did not get sick on the RC cruise ship. Sometimes you could not even tell it was moving. We moved from port to port in the evenings so each day we would wake up in a new location. VERY FUN! The evening shows were comedians, magicians and the RC singers and dancers. It was good CLEAN entertainment! They did offer late night adult shows - we declined. They offered a late night pool party that seemed to get really crazy - we declined.
A four night cruise to the Bahamas is a perfect amount of time to be on the ship!
WE LOVED IT!

Pros: I loved everything! The food, entertainment, snorkeling, kayaking, light tackle fishing, swimming and soooo much more!

Cons: The room next door was noisy at times! The staterooms are close together and small.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

SMALL!
The staff had surprises for us every day! They did a terrific job in keeping it clean and picked up! It was comfortable. We slept well every night - I think we were exhausted from the daytime activities!
The game shows were funny. The entertainment director would tell us to go to see what people will do for a piece of plastic - a RC keychain - they were often the prizes.
Comedians - GREAT!
Comedian/Magician - GREAT!
RC singers and dancers - GREAT!
Go to the show every evening they are fun!
They had a pool party - too late for us - it started at 11:30 p.m. - we slept!
The RC staff kept the place looking nice. I thought the ship was the perfect size - you could always find a place away from the crowd. It was always clean and the decor was just fine!
Go for the "my time" dining. The food is wonderful and the service is fabulous. We do not have an opportunity to eat in fancy restaurants very often - $$$ for fancy is out of our price range - so we really enjoyed being pampered EVERY NIGHT! Belle was our waiteress and William was her assistant. THEY WERE THE BEST! The breakfast and lunch buffets were great - filled will MANY options - lots of variety! My husband and i both gained four pounds - we enjoyed the food! There are restaurants open almost 24/7. We did not find the deli or the pizza parlor until the last day - check them out early!
We were greeted with a smile everywhere we went on the ship. They were very helpful when I had my MANY questions. Our "My Time" staff for the dining room was so good - unbelievable!