Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

not fun at all !!

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I am disabled and did not enjoy this cruise at all.
1. Room:
Even though i booked in advance, I could not get a room neither wheelchair accesible, not even close to the elevators. The customer service did not even try to ask for someone else to change, they were very unfriendly and mentionned they "have too much work" ...
2. Accessibility:
There are steps all over the place, so it is hard with the wheelchair and impossible to circulate alone around the pool (lounge chairs all over the pathways and no sitting chairs (less than 10 chairs at the rear but you have to get to the back first behind the rows of lounge chairs...).
I walk also with crunches, but between the cleaning carts, the vacuum cleaners in the pathways and my room sixty eight (68) steps from the elevator made it really hard to move.
3. Customer service
My key was once not working, I went to the customer service, (68steps) and back (68), they made me wait in the queue (standing behind 20 people) and asked me to try again ... and why couldn't I come later they were busy !!!
4. Excursions:
Very little possibility of excursions in Nassau (a lot of walking required).
5. Children:
I was travelling alone with my three children (8,13, 16)
Very little games for kids except the mini-kids club (no pool games, adult only show, casino or smoking bars to cross ...).
6. Ice cream bar: open 2 hours a day and out of cream most of the times.
7. Food and service:
Except for the grumpy customer service (Fritz if I recall), the employees were doing there best but they were busy. The food was very nice.

Pros: the dinning: food and waiters

Cons: very unfriendly customer servic

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.