Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Bad Food!!! Hidden Charge!!! Rip Off!!!

Sail Date: August 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I just came back from a cruise with Royal Caribbean cruise from Miami to Bahamas (Majesty of the Seas) and I would NOT recommend anyone to cruise with Royal Caribbean! It did NOT meet my expectation! I am the second time cruiser. First time, I cruised with Carnival which was so great! That was why I loved cruising! Second time, I cruised with Royal Caribbean and it was so disappointed!

The food was VERY, VERY bad! I used the formal dining room during the first two nights and I skipped it during the last two nights of the ship! The food was bad beyond my description. They charges for all the drinks those were not from the fountain including cokes, juices. A bottle of water is $3.5! There were so many hidden costs on Royal Caribbean cruise. I took Carnival Cruise before and it was much better than Royal Caribbean in EVERY dimension!

On the menu, they did not say about paying extra when you order coke or cappuccino during formal dinner. However, when you ask for a glass of juice, the waiter will tell you that you will be charged for that! However, the menu won't say you will be charged. There are only a few choices on the dinner menu.

There is no lobster or any decent choices on the dinner menu, like Carnival does. For steak, they will charge you about $15 if you order steak!!! The waiter automatically bring you something that you did NOT order and tell you that what you ordered is no longer available or the menu did not reflect what they really have in stock!!! Taste of foods was horrible! I hated my foods and my mom was so hungry in the middle of the night because her food was tasteless so she ate very little during the first night! The second night, we tried again but the foods were still so bad, so we went to the buffet after eating at the formal dining room! We did not want to be hungry again during the middle of the night at the second night on the ship!!!

The kid's menu was so limited! Only junk foods choice like pizza and macaroni and cheese! And the taste was worst than what I can cook for my kids!!! It was totally awful!!! On the third night of the cruise, I checked out the dinning room during dinner time, 2/3 of the tables in the formal dining room were empty because people rather go to the buffet since the taste of the food there was much better than from formal dining room.

My kids did not like the kid's club so they were with me 24/7! The shows were too short. The head line comedy was great! My kids and I really enjoyed it! Most of the activities were scheduled very late (after 10:45 pm, so my kids and I cant enjoy). There were more activities for couples and adults more than little kids. So, if you are single and have kids, you will be bored there! You have to pay extra ($10 per class) to take classes in the fitness center!!! You have to pay $20 for each kid to use the water slide on the island!!! They charged you everywhere possible. They tried to rip you off any chance!

I definitely will NOT go back to another Royal Caribbean cruise. Never again!

Pros: Headline Comedy

Cons: Food! Extra charge! Short shows

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.