Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Expect superior service, period.

Sail Date: January 04, 2008

My familiy cruises quite often and decided to try Royal Caribbean and compare it to the others after an episode on the travel channel. We purchased three oceanview cabins (wife & her mom's birthday & family). Two had a view of the lifeboat and the third (mine) was on the deck level so everyone who walked by decided to gaze in and see what was going on in our cabin. The menu was unremarkable (no lobster, crab etc even on Formal night) but the food that was on the menu (chicken, steak and fish) was flavorful & prepared well. If I had seen a preview of the show I could have spent a much better evening listening to my toilet flush in my telephone booth sized bathroom. The Captain blew off one of the islands (weather) so we spent the extra day at sea. If you have cruised before this will seem to be a SMALL ship.

The disembarkation was the most unorganized I've ever seen, Everyone must be OUT of your cabin by 8:00 AM and breakfast ends, and I mean ENDS very promptly at 8:30. We spent the next hour plus in line to leave the ship. Just to top it off Royal Caribbean lost my 85 year old mother in law's luggage so we spent an additional hour plus explaining what type of bag it was to a blue haired lady with the loving disposition of the IRS. I followed up about the bag and they said they found it in their warehouse and they would ship it UPS and we should receive it in the next 5-7 business days.

Pros: The Service

Cons: Teeny, Teeny, Tiny quarters

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.

Don't buy a tour take a cab. GO TO ATLANTIS.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Didnt make it there.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Didnt make it there.
Don't buy a tour take a cab. GO TO ATLANTIS.