Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Royal Disappointment

Sail Date: June 18, 2007

Room Type: Suite

This was a repeat cruise for me on the Majesty. I had enjoyed her in her inaugural year and was looking forward to "going back". I understood the Majesty had recently undergone renovations and the results were impressive. Having taken over a dozen Royal Caribbean cruises, I've experienced most of their ships and for me, the Majesty is the perfect fit -- all the ameneties without the overwhelming "mega" size. This was a 5-day itinerary including Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West. Short and sweet, with Key West the primo destination. The drawback to this particular cruise was the feeling that the entire ship [with exceptions, of course] was staffed with the "B" team. From the cruise director to the activities director to the perfomers and the restaurant staff, all seemed to be on a learning curve at the expense of the paying passengers. Perhaps if this was your first cruise, you wouldn't have noticed, but being a Platinum member, it was a royal disappointment.
I'd recommend the renovated Majesty and her ports-of-call. It's the crew that needs an overhaul.

Pros: The size of the Majesty as compared to RCCL's mega-ships

Cons: The "B-Team" crew

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!