Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation! We sailed from 8/4/03-8/08/03 to Nassau/Cococay/Key West with 19 family members. Embarkation: The easiest I have been thru! Compared to what we went thru last year with Carnival, embarkation could have been considered the vacation! Just make sure that you have all of your documents out and pre-register online to save time. Total amount of time from start to finish: approx. 5-10 minutes. Cabins: Now I know that one of the biggest gripes for cruisers is the size of the cabins. Yes, the cabin was small, but I didn't go on the cruise to stay in the cabin! It had everything I needed for the 4 night stay, which included a bathroom, beds that converted into a queen size, and the top bunk for my son. If you stay organized with your belongings, then there should be enough room for everyone. I do recommend that if 4 adults plan on booking a room together that they book a bigger room. In my cabin, there was myself, my husband, and our 3 year old son, so there was more than enough room for ourselves and our stuff. In another family member's room there were 4 adults, which made the room kinda closterphobic. Overall, it supplied all my needs and I was satisfied with the service we received from our stateroom attendant, Eric.Food: In my opinion, the food was absolutely fabulous! The prime rib was juicy and flavorful, and steaks were spoon tender, the desserts were divine. My favorites in the dining room was the shrimp scampi, royal steak, chicken marsala, and other entree's that I can't even think of right now. Try the low fat strawberry cheesecake, baked alaska, and brownie madness for dessert. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the food on this particular trip to be about a 9. Not a full ten, because 3 out of the 4 mornings.Also, the food on CocoCay was okay. They served macaroni and cheese, baked beans, ribs, corn on the cob, hamburgers, hotdogs, various cold salads, fruit punch, lemonade, cookies, cake, and other stuff. Drink the Cocoloco's! Hmmmm, hmmmm, GOOD! Thanks to our waiter and waitress, Gede and Karen, my son felt like he was a part of the group rather than a nuisance. Karen made him a specially designed chocolate milk, that EVERYONE around us asked for during the rest of the trip. Entertainment: We did not go to any of the production shows, simply because we just weren't interested. We are more of an interactive group. We did however go to the "Love and Marriage" game which was played twice on our trip, and both times were very funny. A must see for all adults. Another CAN'T MISS game is the "Majesty Quest". WARNING: If you are the modest type, very shy and timid, and easily embarrassed, this game is not for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not for children at all. I was a participant! Adult humor, and believe me, it gets pretty wild! ;). We went to karaoke (okay), and played in the "Battle of the Sexes" game, which was alot of fun and alot like family feud. Participate in the dances that are done on the pool deck, They are a riot! Kid Programs: We did not utilize the children program because we felt better about our son being with us because he is only 3 years old. from what I heard, the program was alot of fun for those children who participated. My son had fun in the pool, eating ice-cream, playing ping-pong and basketball with his Daddy, and just hanging out with all of his cousins. My mother is an early sleeper, so she was our official baby-sitter during the late hours. It worked out well! She was happy, our son was happy, and so were we :)Since I have to make this short, please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Overall, we had a terrific time, and hate that it ended so soon!