Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

This was our 3rd cruise, the 1st on Royal Caribbean. The service and entertainment were great. Most everyone on staff always wore a smile. The food was wonderful as expected.. so many choices!We had a great time in Nassau, but the next day the private island, CocoaCay, was cancelled due to high winds and ocean waves. Unfortunately, many people were already on the island with no way back. I am told 1,400 people were stranded all day and overnight. Our ship was rocking and many people on board were seasick, but I felt so terrible for those people on the island. It was very cold and there was no electricity or accommodations. It was after 9:00 am the next day before everyone safely returned to the ship. Key West had to also be cancelled. We were highly disappointed. We had seen the Bahamas before and were looking forward to Key West. We spent the day Thursday at sea. The ship gave free cocktails until 6:00 pm. And then came the letter. Due to the inconvenience of missing 2 days of the planned cruise, Royal Caribbean was refunding our cruise payment. In addition, they were giving us a voucher for a free cruise to use next year. My hat is off to Royal Caribbean. I talked with many people the following day who were on the island and all were disappointed with the "chaos" they described on the island, but felt the refund and voucher were more than adequate. Many also expressed that from now on they would only cruise on Royal Caribbean. My feelings exactly. Thank you for making our trip enjoyable despite the situation. We look forward to seeing you again next year.