Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

I've been on the Majesty of the Seas for two weekend cruises. The first cruise was in May of 2001. I also went on the ship this past December (Dec. 2001) I've been on 17 cruises (RCI, Celebrity and Crystal) in total.Majesty of the Seas is a nice ship for a weekend cruise. The ship is about 10 years old, but the age of the ship is most apparent in the design of its public areas. For example, unlike newer RCI ships, the dining rooms are single floors with no atrium. Obviously, RCI is not going to put its newer ships (i.e., Explorer) on 3- and 4-day cruises. I noticed on the last cruise that the glass in some of the public ares needed to be cleaned. When I was on the ship last May, the glass was sparkling. (Perhaps this is the result of staffing cutbacks).On both cruises, we've had category "C" cabins ("C" or above have balconies). The cabins are clean and spacious. However, the cabins do show some wear. On the last cruise, one person in my group mentioned that the sink in his cabin (Cat. "C") was chipped and that there was a small stain on his carpet. He felt the cabin was clean, but he noticed these flaws. Again, this is a 10- year-old ship on weekend cruise duty. It's not going to be perfect.The food in the dining room is good, not great. I learned on the first cruise to tip the head waiter the first night out. If you do, you'll get GREAT service in the dining room. I gave him $20 and told him that if he took care of us, we'd take care of him. (I gave him another $30 the last night). On a weekend cruise, where people tend to be bad tippers, money talks. I'd advise spreading a little cash around early in the voyage.You will have a great weekend on board this ship. For an older ship, it's well laid out and has lots of deck space. My parents love cruising and are fairly critical (especially about service) and they have enjoyed both weekend cruises on the Majesty. In terms of weekend cruise choices out of Miami, you have three choices Carnival and NCL (don't think so!) and RCI. For us, RCI is the only weekend choice.It's not a Crystal cruise, but it gets you out on the ocean for a weekend in a decent ship with decent food and service. Getting off the ship is easy. On both cruises, we were off the ship and had our luggage by 8:30.I'm giving the cruise 3 stars.