Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

I was very disappointed with this cruise. I was on the 12/10/01 sail date and was really looking forward to enjoying my early Christmas gift. Well in the words of Ebenezer Scrooge--BAH HUMBUG. I've heard RCI described as being a step above Carnival, but in my opinion, it wasn't. The food on the Majesty was only so-so. The variety was very limited and I didn't like having time constraints put on me (the Windjammer was only open during certain time frames and if you missed or didn't want to go to you dining room, your only other options were the Windjammer and room service). Unfortunately, the Windjammer did theme nights and if you didn't like the theme, i.e. Chinese, then you were completely out of luck. Room service took at least 30 minutes and the food was lukewarm at best.I will say that my wait staff in the Maytime were very good (kudos to Jacob, Gregg and Bruno). Also, my room steward, Jerry, was also excellent. Unfortunately these are the only staff that I can say were helpful. Everyone else appeared to be standoffish and one person in particular (Dean) was unbelievably rude. Each time I tried to speak with him, I felt that I was the last person he wanted to have anything to do with. At one point, during embarkation to one of the islands, he was standing in the line passing out what I assume was information on the island, when I got to where he was he actually turned his back on me and didn't offer me anything. This was only one of a few instances where I felt that I wasn't worth his time. Getting on and off the ship in Miami was the best part of the entire trip. RCI has this part down to a science. I expected it to take at least 1 hour to get off but I was off in 20 minutes.If this was my first time cruising, then I don't think I would likely cruise again. Fortunately, I have cruised before with another cruise line and I will cruise again but I doubt seriously if it will be with RCI.