Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

I have always heard that Royal Caribbean was so much better than Carnival. Not true! I sailed on the Majesty of the seas on 7-6-01, and was disappointed. Maybe it was because I had such high hopes. Please don't misunderstand me. For a first time cruiser, this is a nice experience. My parents went along, and they had a blast! I, however, did not as this was my 3rd cruise. Embarkation and disembarkation were quick and easy, especially if you used a credit card for your on-board ship credit. Entertainment was abundant, and lively - from the shows to the nightlife (clubs, lounges, casino). And the kids programs were nice (so I'm told by my little cousins, who also went on the cruise). That's about where the good part ends.The food was bland and disturbingly predictable. Not comparable to even Carnival, another mass cruise line. The service was sorely lacking. With the exception of our waiter, everyone seemed like we were more of a bother than a patron! I was even pushed by a worker in the Windjammer Cafe! How rude!And the cabins! Oh my goodness! Could we get any smaller? I'd hate to see it! There was very little room for anything. Yes, there are cabins with 3rd and 4th berths, but I do not recommend that they be used for more than two people, one if you're claustrophobic. I guess everything leveled out in the end...sort of. I wasn't impressed by the Majesty in the least bit, but because I traveled with family and friends, I made the most of my time. If I do book another cruise with Royal Caribbean, it will definitely be with a newer (larger) ship. My next cruise will be with Holland America or Princess. May as well give them a try. The ship or service can't be any worse than the Majesty!