Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

My husband and I went on our first cruise in April of 2001. My first impression of the ship was just ok. It is definitely an older ship with early 90s decor. There was only 1 swimming pool and it was very small. Our room was a decent size. You don't spend alot of time in your room anyway. Our room steward was excellent, he was by far the nicest and most hospitable staff on the ship. As for the other staff, they had a lot to be desired. To start with, the cruise director had somewhat of an attitude with most of the guests, also during differant games aboard the ship he had a fixation with men dressing in women's clothing it got old was funny the first time but after that no. In addition, my husband's glasses were stolen from the Windjammer Restaurant. When we went back to see if they had found them they accused my husband of losing them and them not stealing them we reported it to the cursurs desk and they were just as useless as the manager in the Windjammer Cafe. The guy in charge of the excursion desk on the ship also was a jerk, very short with us and not very courteous. The staff overall ( with exception of our room steward) seemed very bothered by all the guest. Alot of them talked about the anxiousness to get back home since they had been on the ship for 6 month straight. The food was good but not excellent. The islands were good as well, all excursions you have to pay for, nothing is complimentary or free. NOTHING! I would not go on Majesty of the Sea again, I would prefer a larger more modern ship with friendlier staff who enjoy their jobs.