Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

This was our first cruise. We planned our ports so that Nassau (day 2) and Key West (day 4) would be tourist days and the private island (day 3) would be our active day.Unfortunately, they cancelled the private island and didn't replace it with anything meaningful (We got to Key West for an overnight stay, but with the late dinner seating - 8:30pm - we weren't going out after that.) Several staff told us they cancel Coco Cay a lot. It didn't ruin the cruise, but it put a major dent in it.The cruise ship says it's a predominently non-smoking ship, but that really is a joke. There are no open air decks where you can breathe smoke-free air, and they don't enforce the non-smoking areas inside. After complaining three times about a guy smoking a cigar in the theater, I asked them to call security and they never did. One time we tried to ask a waiter to tell someone to put out their cigarette, and he misunderstood and told us that if I wanted to smoke in the no smoking section it was okay. This criticism may not bother a lot of people, but if you are at all sensitive to smoke, this is not the cruise (or perhaps cruise line) for you.On the plus side, the crew were generally wonderful and really seemed to enjoy their work. Our dining room service was as fine as the better restaurants I go to when travelling with work, and the dinners were probably the highlight of the trip. Several times I ordered a second entre' and it was always brought with a smile.The ports of call were nice. In Nassau, a Bahamas Ministry of Tourism representative met us outside the boat and signed us up for a non-cruise line tour. It was better and cheaper than the cruise line shore excursion and we recommend it highly.I suppose the best feedback I could provide on the cruise is when we were in Key West we bought a timeshare rather than cruise frequently. We'll probably cruise again, but the next time will not be with Royal Carribean.