Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

This was a first cruise for my wife and I so we have nothing to compare it to. We were treated very well by all the staff and crew: bartenders, cabin steward, cooks, waiters. The highlight for us was Coco Cay, a chance to lay out comfortably, listening to the rustle of the fronds in the coconut palms, sipping a cold drink. Be sure to order a frozen "Mango Tango". We ate in the buffet 2 nights and enjoyed the Italian and Chinese prepared for us in the Windjammer cafe. The final night dinner was quite nice - we would eat another meal or two in the dining room next time. Breakfast is very well done. Lunches and snacks are nothing to write home about. Fellow passengers were a mellow bunch, very few rowdy drunks; many families, a wide range of ages. Drink prices were reasonable. My wife took a step class at the fitness center and said it was one of the best she's taken anywhere. We were a little concerned about things like seasickness and cramped quarters but the cabin was surprisingly spacious and the motion of the ship quite gentle. The entertainment was excellent but some shows (not so newlywed game) are a little risque for some of the younger crowd that attended with their parents. Downside: 1. Nassau was uninteresting, the vendors at the straw market are overly aggressive and there were quite a few children begging. A fellow passenger complained of having to wait in a cab for a long time waiting for it to fill up before the driver would leave. The weather was cool, but comfortable. My wife really needed all the clothes she packed with the range of temperatures day to night. 2. We were not assigned a table and dining room at check in. The maitre d' was nonplussed but did manage to find us a spot. The waiter was a little rude about our not having eaten there all 3 nights. 3. I could have used directions to the terminal in Miami. I had planned to take a cab but ended up flying into Ft Lauderdale and renting a car.This was a 25th anniversary celebration and was the perfect romantic getaway. I would do it again.