Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

This was my 6th cruise, the 2nd on RCL, but the first in 15 years. The highlight of the cruise was definitely the entertainment. Whether comedians, musical, or porduction shows, the entertainment was top-notch and clearly exceeded the standard I had come to expect. The low point was the food. This was especially true at lunch, where on a number of occasions only buffets were served, and the passengers were actually looking for food to fill their plate with because the options were so limited. Although dinner was somewhat better, it still lacked any real star quality. As always with RCL, and as a contrast to other cruise lines I've been on, the ship was run very efficiently. My only criticism at all was not having open seating for dinner on the first night of the cruise. Whenever people have to head all the way to San Juan, especially in the winter, a large portion tend to arrive late. Those guests with early seating miss the assigned time and are stuck eating at the buffet. This is not the way to treat new guests after they have traveled all day.