Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Mediocre Cruise

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

We just returned from our cruise today. We sailed on the Majesty of the Seas, which is the same ship/same 4-day Bahamas cruise we took on our honeymoon back in 2000. There have been many changes, some for the better, some for the worse. We had very cold weather, so were not able to dock at Coco Cay, which everyone on the ship was disappointed about. Understandably, though, they were not able to dock there or use the anchor because the seas were really choppy. Although they told us the cruise before us, the week before, had the same problem with the weather, and they didn't go to the private island either. We were just at sea that day, but found things to do on the ship. Was very glad I brought two pairs of jeans & a hoodie, it was really cold in Nassau and Key West. I just feel they should not say they will be stopping at Coco Cay in the winter months, not even put it on the itinerary if they rarely are able to stop there. Entertainment was good, and we met some really fun people to hang out with during our cruise.

Pros: The evening shows

Cons: It seemed like the the whole cruise was about making money, bugging people to spend, spend, spend.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The quality of the food in the main dining room was good. The problem in the main dining room is there wasn't enough of it. Both my husband and I were hungry two hours later. This is very different from previous cruises. They really filled our plates on previous cruises. The person who did most of the work was the assistant waiter - the waiter really didn't do a whole lot except tell us his recommendations, and we could not really understand him very well. Head waiter was wonderful, very informative, and seemed to really care about how we felt about everything,
Windjammer cafe - I liked the way they had it set up, the different types of food, different cultures, Asian, Mediterranean, etc., but my food was inevitably cold every single meal. This is whether I got there early or later in the day, it was cold - breakfast & lunch. It was always very crowded - hard to find a seat.
Our inside room with a porthole was very cozy and quiet. We slept very well there. It was always kept very clean, spotless by our stateroom attendant. I was happy to see they still made the little towel animals and put them on our bed every evening:)
Windjammer Dining Room - Between all of the other guests walking around and all of the dining room staff, it was a little chaotic. On several occasions some of the staff there would walk right in front of me, cut me off, not excusing themself, etc. I feel they should always let the guests go first, maybe I'm just old fashioned. On the positve side, the staff was very efficient at clearing our places, taking our dirty plates, keeping an eye on things. They would offer to get us a drink or a new set of silverware if we would drop on the floor or something, which was very nice. They were all very friendly, dining room or windjammer. The photo staff was very nice and helpful. The bar waiters/waitresses started to get on our nerves when we were sitting out on the deck on the first day. We sat out there for about one hour, and I can truly say that were were asked if we wanted a drink about 15 times by at least 15 different staff. It's like we couldn't really just relax.
We loved the Royal Carribean Singers & Dancers - they were excellent entertainers!! We loved Steve Shaffer, the comedian, the was hilarious. We really wanted to dance, but the dancing music was primarily geared to people in their 20's, tried to dance on three nights, but it was a no go - all hip hop. etc.
This is a really nice ship. It's kind of a mid-size ship, easy to get around on. It was impeccably clean and the decor was nice.