Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Worst Vacation Ever!

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

I will start off by saying that when you enter the ship it is very impressive. It appears to have many ammenities and activities for the guests. Our first two days were fun, we walked around Nassau and Coco Cay, had fun layed on the beaches and drank a ton of alcohol. The night of Day 3 is when everything went bad, I ate bad banana and felt sick immediately, I was going to go to walgreens to get some immoduim, but thought it was more convienant to go see the ship Doctor, he then decided that I needed to be isolated. I accepted this as my fate and asked for them to make me as comfortable as possible (since i knew i wasn't sick and just had some minor food poisoning, 2 immodiums and i was fine). To make it easier to understand the rest of my trip im going to bullet the timeline:

9:00 Dr's visit
9:30 Isolated
9:35 DVD Player and movies requested and promised
12:00 Lunch Ordered
1:00 Lunch Delivered (2 Burgers, French Fires, Onion Rings & 18 Beers)
5:00 DVD Player Finally Delivered
5:15 Movies Delivered 3 movies, "The Big Slice, Saving Shiloh and Heros Episode 1
5:15 Requested more movies maybe something I would like to watch.
8:00 3 More Movies Delivered, Again movies that were 20 years old Finally was more specific asked for something I would like to watch, any movie made in 2008 or 2009
8:00 ordered dinner, requested food from our seated dinner
9:00 dinner delivered with two drinks of the day
9:05 requested more drinks - was told that the dr. had ordered that no more drinks be rent to my room (keep in mind the dr. who diagnosed me in all of 5 minutes felt that he had the right to tell me what i could or could not eat or drink in my room - WHAT????).

This denial of drinks also affected Claire who had been isolated as a precaution (maybe she also was sick NOPE, I wasn't even sick. Did I mention that the whole cruise Claire and I had been drinking 10 to 15 Vodkas, Beers and Mixed Drinks [EACH] a day (not bragging and not proud, but the whol reason we went on a cruise was to have fun and not have to worry about where we were.).

Currently there are no rights that I know of for cruise passengers, but I am in the process of writing a complaint to my congressman, senator, state representative and any other outlets that appear to have the ability to raise this issue to the level necessary to bring it to a good resolution for everyone that has their rights violated by the crew of a cruise ship.This is for everyone [including myself] that has been verbally or mentally abused by the staff on a cruise ship. Additionally, I strongly reccomend that you never visit the Dr.on a cruise ship.

Pros: Entertainment, Food and Ports of Call.

Cons: Guest Relations Staff.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.