Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Absolutely Wonderful Cruise!!

Sail Date: October 24, 2008

The ship was gorgeous. If you have never been on a cruise it is an amazing hotel with full amenities that floats. I wish we would have chosen to take a longer cruise but since we were first time cruiser we didn't even know if we would like it. We loved it and will definitely do it again with RC.

Pros: The staff, The food, The ship

Cons: We did not take a longer cruise

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The ship was great and always well kept, some areas were I guess a little outdated, like bars, but it almost seemed to have a theme going.
I am going to put good, only because there were many onboard activities. Midnight buffet, pool party, games, kaeroke, casino, comedians, they even had an art auction. I attended many activities I wish I would have attended more, the ones I did attend were very fun.
The food was wonderful. I have a degree in culinary arts so that should say a lot. I am very critical of food. The Windjammer was so great and had a wonderful selection that is the only place that we ever ate.
We had a room on the 3rd floor with a porthole. Which we loved, because we could look and see what was going on. Rooms are small but comfortable and you are there to have fun not hang out in the room. It had a closet and a safe and also a flat panel television that picked up many channels.
The staff could not be anymore wonderful. They were always smiling, always saying hello and always willing to get you anything you needed. Our servers and stateroom attendant were wonderful individuals and I couldn't have asked for better people.
We went snorkeling, also seen the Queens staircase, and went on a local tour of the island with a taxi driver. We bought many things from the Straw Market. Bargain for items it things seem to pricey. Remember you want and they want to sell it. Tourism in the number one industry in the Bahamas keep that in mind also, everyone is trying to make a dollar. It is a beautiful island rich in history. Take time to visit the island and talk to the locals.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling, Queens Staircase and Straw Market
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Lots of relaxing, sun and water sports. Our guide Adam (took you out on Waverunners) had a wonderful personality (to bad I had to leave him there) Absolutely beautiful water and sand. Primarily beach games and water activities. Remember this island belongs to RC, so there is not much else to do here. The mini straw market you see here is overpriced compared to the real straw market in Nasseau.
Don't Miss: Realxing on the chairs and any water sport you can partake in.