Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majestic, Not... But Good

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

The ship seemed very clean and neat. The elevators seemed to take a long time, but I don't know how they compare to other ships. I didn't feel the rocking of the ship like I thought I would. This was my first cruise, so I didn't really know what to expect.

Pros: The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Cons: The food was average.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

I thought the Quest game was way past funny. One of the guys in our group ended up wearing a pink bra and running around in women's heels. I don't know when I laughed so hard. I liked the sailing away parties, and I still have that crazy song running around in my head. There was this juggler that was amazing! The singers and dancers were good, except for one of the singers, a small white guy sang a lot but he didn't sound to good.
It took a bit of getting used to, but once I did, it was easy to navigate. It seemed really clean too. I noticed staff cleaning all hours of the day and night, especially early morning polishing banisters, etc.
I was disappointed with the quality of the food. I'd never been on a cruise before and thought the food was supposed to be world class. This food was on the level of an average local restaurant. There was sufficient variety, and the service was wonderful. Augustine and Jacqueline took great care of our group. We were seated at a huge long table for twenty, which seemed a bit cramped, but not too bad.
This was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a much smaller room, but really liked the space in our 7th floor room. I would have liked to been at a outside view of the ocean, but the darkness is easy sleeping conditions. Our maid was really nice, and did these funny animal shaped towels on our beds.
Augustine was our waiter and Jacqueline was his assistant, and they were both the BEST. They had to take care of our table of about twenty people, plus another table next to us of about 10-12 people. They didn't miss any detail. Even though the food wasn't that good, their service was realy friendly and helpful.