Great Weekend Trip

Majesty of the Seas

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Review Summary

I was worried that I would not like a three-day cruise, but it was a real nice getaway. This was our sixth cruise, but first on RC, and we were not disappointed. I would recommend this ship and the itinerary to anyone (Cocaocay & Nassau).

Ship Experiences

This may seem like a knock, but it isn't intended to be. The food was good, but I'm just not sure I can say it was excellent. Pizza and deli choices were less than I've seen on other ships. The buffet food was...OK. Dining room very good.

For instance: a show intended for the late seating started at 9:00. We were seated at 8:30? Seemed odd, but the shows and entertainment were good.

Our stateroom and dining room staff were as good as any I've had, so I hate to only give a "good" rating. The buffet staff were less helpful than some I've seen. Other staff were "some good, some not-so-good".

The ship, although older, has been refurbished and is very nice. The decor gives it a "new ship" feel. The ship has very nice facilities.

Oceanview room, but was very small. However, the room was very nice and comfortable, and was very sufficient.

Pros: Service and the Itinerary

Cons: Rowdiness of some passengers while children were present and the staff not stopping it

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!