Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A new experience

Sail Date: April 28, 2008

The ship and the staff were excellent. All were very friendly and seemed very sincere in their wish that I enjoy myself. I didn't enjoy the floating night club feel to the trip, and had a hard time with the constant crowd. I had some preconceived notions of what it would be like and was expecting peace and tranquility at least on the day trips, the only place I found peace and tranquility was in my state room.

Pros: The view!

Cons: The structure, the amount of people, and the missed trip to cococay

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The food was beautiful but often did not taste nearly as good as it looked.
I was disappointed that the shops were open such restricted hours. Other than the International Mens Belly Flop contest was the high point of the entertainment!
It was a beautiful ship and very accessible.
My state room was small be adequate and a place of escape.
The ship staff was very attentive to any and all need.
Key West, Florida
While the environment is a bit colorful and I wouldn't recommend it to families with school age children I really enjoyed it. We rented bicycles for the day for a very reasonable price and viewed the island. We enjoyed a quick lunch at Sloppy Joes and then were off on the catamaran and snorkeling! This was a great day, I would go back to Key West!
Don't Miss: Sailing and Snorkeling are a must!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I was sad to find out that the seas were too rough to visit this stop, it had great potential. I found out after the fact that the real draw to this cruise for me was this stop and it is missed about 50% of the time due to sea conditions.
I was greatly disappointed to find a large smelly city on the island of paradise that I was expecting. The various facilities on the island were a health hazard and I was approached to buy illegal substances twice and was constantly harrassed to buy souveniers. There was no relaxation to be found on this island!!