Wonderful Winter Getaway!!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 04, 2008
Ship: Majesty of the Seas
My husband and I have taken several Royal Caribbean Cruises, but this was our children's first experience and they Loved it!! We decided on a shorter cruise for the first timers. The itinerary was great. We had the most amazing experience swimming and feeding the stingrays on Nassau and entered paradise on Royal Caribbean's Private Island - CocoCay. We wish that we had another day there because there is so much to do and simply not enough time to do it all! We also would recommend taking the 4 day over the 3 day cruise because we enjoyed seeing Key West and probably would not have ever made the long drive down from Miami...this is a great way to get there! A couple of cons to mention but not enough to stop you from sailing...Our stateroom was located on deck 6 which I loved because it was so centrally located but if you are a light sleeper you might want to consider another deck...deck 7 is open to the ocean air and because of this they have to maintain it regularly by scrubbing down the deck. Unfortunately, they choose to do it at 4 am and the high pressure water and banging from the scrubbing does wake you up. The children slept through it , but my husband and I did not. Also, the re-fillable soda cup cost us $88 for 3 kids and 1 adult. We are not big soda drinkers to begin with but we purchased in order to avoid a large bar tab later. The wait staff did not seem to be very pleased about having to refill the mugs and we simply were not on the ship long enough to make it worth the money. We would have liked to see an unlimited water bottle option as it cost $2.00 per bottle (or more depending on the size of the bottle) and we liked to take them with us on excusions.

Highly recommend eating all of your meals in the main dining rooms if you have the time. The Windjammer is a typical buffet and can not provide the freshness that a sit down dining experience can. Don't get me wrong, for a buffet the food was very good!

Plenty of things to do both day and night.

Although we did not use this service as much as we thought we would given the length of our cruise, knowing that it was there for us was nice. The children's area was bright, colorful and full of things for the kids to do. The staff was warm and kind and would speak to the children outside of the club to make them feel special.

Overall we felt that the staff was excellent. The only complaint would be with the bar wait staff. As I mentioned, we purchased the unlimited soda mug and when they had to refill, they did not seem highly excited about doing this for us.

The ship is an older ship that has been re-furbished but it seems perhaps a couple of years ago. The staff keeps it clean but there are areas that do need repair like the Main Entertainment Lounge.

Size of the rooms typical of a standard outside cabin. We purchased two rooms that adjoined because we were traveling with children. We thought about a suite when booking but are glad that we had the second bathroom.
We purchased the snorkel with the stingrays and beach time. My children loved it, but I must say that some children were very frightened. The rays do come right up to you and brush against your body. You have the option to feed them and it is amazing. Brind an underwater camera or video camera. They will take a group photo holding a ray and I wish we had purchased it for $10. The port of Nassau is not the prettiest.
Don't Miss: Swim with the StingRays
The is Royal Caribbean's private paradise! This was by far our favorite island and we wish we could have had another day there. There is so much to do and simply not enough time. We purchased the snorkel package and I would recommend only for stong swimmers and children over 10. You do have to swim out quite a distance so my 6 and 10 year old children did not get to utilize the package we purchased. They have many more activities for their age group.
Don't Miss: Everything!

Pros: CocoCay the Cruiselines Private Paradise! and the food

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!