Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Incredible Cruise!

Sail Date: October 08, 2007

Oh my stars!! I can hardly wait to do this again!! Fantastic cruse line and the staff were amazing.

Something you must try: The tropical juice delivered to our room each morning. It is fantastic!

A Must purchase: The Savvy Shopper. For $ 25 you get a discount book that entitles you to free items at various shops at each port. Earrings include Pearl (breathtakingly beautiful - seriously!!), tanzanite, and topaz. Free canvas bag that changes colors in the sunlight,etc. And many, many more items.

Pros: The Marine life found at CocoCay

Cons: There were only 24 hours in a day

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The ship was the perfect size for us.
We truly enjoyed our dining experience. Our servers were TOP NOTCH and quite frankly, we wanted to take them home and wait on them. We love you Alexandria!!

Word to the wise if you take the Bahama cruise - do NOT eat breakfast in the main dining room on the day that immigrations comes on board... they don't have adequate staffing and equipment. One of the servers explained it to me but I can't remember what she said, well enough, to be able to relay it to you online.
FABULOUS! Don't let the price or the description of the 2nd floor porthole rooms deter you. We LOVED our room! We were situated on the perfect level to board/deboard (?) for excursions and were only 1 floor away from our dining room (trust me - taking 1 flight of stairs versus waiting several minutes for an elevator ROCKED!). Also, our first night out the water was a bit rough in spots and when others were feeling ill we were very comfortable in our room! The lower you are in the ship the less rocking. One other very notable thing to mention is how well we slept. I typically can not sleep comfortable in a conventional bed. I now sleep in an air bed and used to sleep in a water bed because of back and insomnia problems. Not a problem on board - I slept like a baby taking sleeping pills! LOL Seriously - my spouse and I slept so comfortably and neither of us woke up with our usual aches and pains.
Everyone went out of their way. The only reason I maked a 5 instead of a 6 is that our towels were shaped into animal forms only 2 of the 4 nights.
The shows and time frames were perfect for us. We selected the second seating dining so that we could take full advantage of everything on-shore and still caught all of the events on-ship, as well.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
This was the favorite part of our cruise. We sat in the water and watched the marine life come to us! We saw a ray 20 feet from us, watched crabs on one of the nearby rocky reefs/cays (?) that we kayaked to, and caught (and released!) hermit crabs, sea cucumber, starfish, and a conch!
Don't Miss: Sitting still and letting your worries drift out to sea!
It was okay. We did the little shops but unless you're wanting to purchase the higher end jewelry we didn't really see any substantial savings. While the Straw Market is supposed to be a "Must See" we were not impressed. It was an overly crowded flea market where almost everyone was selling the same thing. Maybe if it had been a little cooler and less crowded we might have gotten more into the spirit of it... Put this way - should we go to the Bahamas again, I won't feel like we're missing anything if we don't revisit the Straw Market.
Don't Miss: MUST SEE - Athenas Cafe. Great Greek food by a wonderful Greek Family!!
Key West, Florida
We received the best customer service at the various jewelers here!
Don't Miss: Eating a Cuban Sandwich at the El Meson De Pepe. The plantain chips with the two salsas were equally impressive!