Dissappointing Ship

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 20, 2007
Ship: Majesty of the Seas
I was really looking forward to going on Royal Caribbean as I have been on Norwegian and Carnival's smaller ships. We were very dissappointed as the rooms were smaller and the food was not very good. I was so upset that when I went to the gym in the morning there was only 4 treadmills and then about 10 exercise bikes. I could not run on the jogging track on deck 7 until 10 AM either as the track was above the rooms on deck 6. We went to Johnny Rockets one day and did not realize there was a cover charge of $3.50 per person to eat there and the special ice cream parlor was expensive as well. It was a good thing I asked our waiter if they had any entertainment in the dining room because we would have missed it and they only lipsync to the songs. The disco lounge did not feel like a real dance club either. We did get good service all around the ship and we liked that there was a head waiter assigned to our table instead of a Matre'd. Our head waiter made sure we were taken care of every night. We also enjoyed the Cruise Director and the entertainment on board.

I was under the impression that the 12 to 14 year olds would be supervised but they only had things for them to do at night. I did like the fact that they had a private dance club though.

Pros: Going to a port everyday and no day at sea

Cons: The gym only had 4 treadmills and you cannot run the jogging track until 10 AM

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? No.