Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Dont stay on Deck 6- jog track above

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

Overall, great ship and cruise, however, see stateroom info below which made the trip miserable, no sleep.

Pros: The food

Cons: Noisy stateroom on Deck 6 re: jogging track above

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

recently renovated
great food and service, had several appetizers and entrees each meal
Except for guest relations dept which did not solve the problem above.
shows seem to be the same old over and over...
advised of a free upgrade from deck 4 to deck 6, but didnt mention that there was a jogging track above the room. The track has a sign that prohibits jogging or fast walking 10P tyo 10A. No one reads signs, every Am at about 7:30 what sounded like heard of elephants kept waking us up. Repeated calls to guest relations (who advised security would respond and stop the joggers) didnt work. They said they did not have the security manpower to post someone there in the mornings. Soooo, every morning I had to get up and call them again, to no avail. Forget naps, 10A to 10P or anytime, the thumping on ceiling was rediculous and aggravating. They offered to change me to deck 4, but there was no cabin for my kids, that were across the hallway on deck 6. I have stayed in another cabin on this ship on a prior cruise with the problems.

Room was the smallest I have every seen, and I have cruised on several other ships. check the square footage when you compare rooms and ships