Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not the best cruise I have ever taken

Sail Date: July 30, 2007

Considering that this ship is not new and has been recently refurbished, it was in very nice and clean condition.

However, this was my first cruise on "Royal Caribbean" and I must say that I was quite disappointed. My family and I have been on about 10 cruises on Carnival Cruise Line and I heard so many better things about Royal Caribbean, that we deicided to try something new.

The cabin and bathroom was much smaller than on any Carnival ship that we have traveled on.

The food quality was about the same if not better on Carnival. We had the exact same "Alternate Dinner Menu" every night. The service for dinner at night was horrible. We had the late (8:30pm) seating and we would place our order for drinks (water, soda, tea, wine) and literally had to wait about 40 minutes before it was served. We would finish our soup, salad, appetizer, etc....and still had nothing to drink! We would ask repeatedly for our drinks and every night we experienced the same problem. The waiter and busboy (in our case it was a girl) were very kind, however, my opinion is that they just had too many tables to serve and couldn't keep up at dinner time to serve in a timely manner. We were on a 4 night cruise and only the last day, did the waiters, etc... perform and sing a song for everybody. This kind of minor entertainment is done in a major fashion on any Carnival Cruise ship. I always video at dinner time to make sure I get them singing and performing and there wasn't much to video at all.

We missed every show because we our dinner was at 8:30pm and the shows were scheduled for either 7:15pm (which we were all getting ready for dinner at that time) or scheduled at 9:00pm (which we were waiting to get drinks and dinner served). Finally, one night we made it to the "Adult Comedy" show that was "supposed to start at Midnight". Well, at 12:15 am the comedian came on the show and after 15 minutes of jokes, he said, "You all will have to excuse me but I've had a really bad day today and my mind has just gone blank." We all thought that he was joking and that it was part of his comedy routine - NOT! He really left and that was the end of that show!

There was not enough entertainment in my opinion. Yes, there is a Casino and some shows for those people that had an early dinner seating and were able to see the shows. Bingo was only played once in the early afternoon and not everyday, there weren't as many contests around the pool area as there are on Carnival I realize why Carnival is called the "Fun Ship".

Overall, none of us were impressed at all with Royal Caribbean.

Pros: The Pool & Jacuzzi area, the Windjammer Breakfast & Lunch Buffet

Cons: The service at dinner was NOT good at all, the times of the shows were very inconvenient, and not enough entertainment .

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The cabin and bathroom was very clean but VERY small.
Not enough entertainment at all. The shows are not scheduled at convenient times for those travelers who dine at 8:30pm
The layout of the ship was okay. It was very clean and the decor was very nice.
The breakfast buffet and lunch buffet at the Windjammer Marketplace was outstanding. The food at dinner wasn't anything to brag about....just ordinary.
All employees were very kind, polite, nice to deal with. It was just difficult at dinner time since we had an issue every night getting served and nothing was ever done about it. It took so long to get just plain water served, that we kindly asked for a couple of "pitchers" of water to be left on our table and we would just serve it ourselves and that never even happened.
Very impressed with all of the activities to keep children entertained. My kids are teenagers didn't really participate in the children's programs, however, we visited the children's area and it looked awesome.
Key West, Florida
We had a very good time at Key West and all of the kids went parasailing.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Coco Cay was a beautiful island and we really enjoyed the snorkeling, hanging out in the beautiful beach, hammocks, etc...The kids really enjoyed all of the inflatables to jump on that are in the water. The barbecue lunch buffet was outstanding.